[cma-l] questions

Paul Golder paul at pvg.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 10:23:13 BST 2016

I'm happy to publicise our local Talking Newspaper's fundraisers, news,
events, appeal etc.

Would I put it on air?  NO.  I did it once - on my first RSL back in 1996.
Someone reading random articles out of the local paper word for word (and
not reading very well) didn't make compelling radio.  I feel that giving it
airtime would make us sound unprofessional, which doesn't help us raise the
money we need to meet our own aims.

It's a very useful service to those who need it - but then those who need
it will get it delivered by the TN themselves and shouldn't need to rely on
radio for it, community or otherwise.  It's not like we're not all creating
different, original content for people to enjoy, whether they're visually
impaired or not.

Paul
Phoenix FM