[cma-l] PPL and PRSfM - Community Radio "Licences"

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Sep 16 14:42:26 BST 2016

James and all

I am sending war and peace over in a mo      delete it by all means.

Lots of sense here by James ……….. most of it correct except when we get to the punchline, the punchline is missing. Whether we have a good deal a mediocre deal or a bum deal, the fact is that none of this has been given to us through the goodness of their hearts. It has come about (whether you like it disagree or not) because a few individuals at our end have stuck their heads above the parapet and argued the toss. I for one have most certainly done that and I have done it as a lone soldier at times with phone calls and e-mails not just to the message board.

I haven’t filled a report form in for 5 years because our report is nowt to report. We have a S/O on the original agreed amounts (which everyone seems to have forgotten about)    and that’s it. Hence why I yet again suggest a fixed fee. If this causes a problem for some, then do a fixed fee 1 and 2     lower/higher

Don’t get sucked into some fantasy land that this a normal ongoing process …………… no it isn’t … it has come about because one or two have stood firm and said     ‘’hang on a mo’’       the PPL/PRS are as fed up with the system as we are, and don’t be kidded …. This will be easier for them as well as for us. Being really spticle   I s uppose you could argue that the changes are only to suit them and we are just an afterthought.

A bit like the Volunteer time and the £15,000 grand on the restrictions …. This hasn’t been handed to us on a plate …. We have had to fight and argue for it ---- very sad really when you consider we should be doing other things that are more positive. These processes have also taken YEARS

We have had a wonderful 12 Years ………sadly marred though as  a quarter of the period has been spent in negative mode firefighting.

And here we go again ….. we are trying to reach a fair and reasonable agreement and people are talking about Tribunals !     have I missed something here ?

If Government / Authorities etc etc etc can charge what they like, then I suggest they simply get on with it. Trouble is, it doesn’t quite work like that. Hence why we need to realise that we are now 260 strong and if one gets kicked we should all limp.

I like to think that in the main I am a decent type of chap .. but I have ended up disliked merely because all I do is say it as it is AND (this is the main bit)    SAY WHAT MOST OTHERS ARE THINKING         ie:- the one who fires the bullets gets the grief.

Of course it bothers me a bit, but I ain’t one for selling my soul to the devil.

Nick