[cma-l] Funding for the Arts Part of Online Gaming (Consumer Protection) – in Westminster Hall at 4:57 pm on 13th September 2016

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Sep 14 14:09:44 BST 2016

Thangam Debbonaire, Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) 4:57 pm,
13th September 2016

I thank the right hon. Gentleman for reminding me of the figures. The
Labour Government made arts and arts investment a real priority.

I will give a few examples of where arts investment goes and what it does
in my constituency. Ujima is a community radio station with extraordinary
reach. It touches the subjects that other radio stations go nowhere near.
It has some public funding, but also generates a lot of its own income and
does its own work. On Saturday, it was given a fantastic and well-deserved
award by the Community Media Association.

Hansard link: https://goo.gl/KhyG9K

[Correction: The award for Station of the Year was presented to Ujima Radio
by the Community Radio Awards <http://www.communityradioawards.co.uk/>]

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video
http://www.canstream.co.uk/