[cma-l] Health Projects workshop at Community Media Conference

Matthew Rogers matthew at thesourcefm.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 09:59:05 BST 2016

Hello Phil,

I'd like to put Source FM forward for inclusion with this.

I won't be at the conference on Saturday because we have a training event
on and it's a bit too far for me to travel up and back in a day from
Falmouth.

Best wishes,

Matthew

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Phil Korbel <phil at radioregen.org> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Radio Regen is running a workshop on Saturday afternoon in Brum, so I
> thought I'd let you know what we've got in mind - and maybe test the water
> a bit.
>
> Together with ALLFM we're about to start our 'Health FM' project - funded
> by the Community Radio Fund.  In short, the project will enable more
> stations to deliver health projects.  We're convinced that community radio
> is a highly effective platform for health projects so we're going to see
> who's doing what in the field at the moment, why it works (or not) and give
> stations help to create their own projects.  Because we're nice like that,
> we will also be offering a little bit of funding along with the advice that
> we can offer  to some stations to participate (don't get too excited, it is
> only a little).
>
> By 'health' we really do mean the whole range - public health, primary
> care, acute care, old age and mental health.
>
> We want the workshops to be a chance for us to meet stations already doing
> this sort of work or those that might be interested in so doing. It's very
> much the start of the project (so we will not be handing out cash!) so we'd
> like to lay the foundations of an informal network of stations interested
> in the field.  We won't talk at you too much and we very much want to hear
> about your experiences and needs in taking this sort of work further.
>
> I'd welcome your comments now - and if you have specific questions feel
> free to email me directly.  Also - if you like the sound of the project but
> have the temerity to miss the conference - drop me a line and we can
> arrange a chat.
>
> See you on Saturday,
>
> best wishes
>

> Phil
>

> Phil Korbel FRSA - Director, Radio Regen, charity no. 1077763 Company Ltd
> by Guarantee Registered in England and Wales No 3753832.
> www.communityradiotoolkit.net
> www.connecttransmit.org.uk
>
> Please note that I work at Radio Regen under 2 days a week so responses
> might not be as quick as we'd like.  Many thanks.

Matthew Rogers - Station Manager
Source FM - 2013 Santander SEDA Winner
www.thesourcefm.co.uk
Tel: 01326 211 782