[cma-l] Review of Broadcasting Transmission Services market

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 12:57:23 BST 2016

I wonder how many enterprising souls feel like taking on Ofcom and the mighty Arqiva?

Ian HicklingPartnerOffice: 016 3557 8435  (07h to 22h GTS)Car: 075 3098 0115 (only responds when driving)6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS

					Web Version | Update preferences

	Ofcom today published a consultation on its review of the broadcasting transmission services market.

	Broadcasting transmission services deliver TV and radio services to viewers and listeners through a network of masts and sites, mostly owned and operated by Arqiva.

	Following a 2005 review of the broadcasting transmission services market, Ofcom imposed regulatory conditions on Arqiva.

	Since then, Arqiva has also become subject to various remedies under the UK merger control regime, which remain in force today and essentially reproduce the regulation imposed in 2005.

	Ofcom’s review of the broadcasting transmission services market considers the state of competition in the relevant markets and whether continued Ofcom regulation is necessary or appropriate, in light of the merger remedies.

	Today’s consultation closes on 9 June 2016.

                            Subscribe to other lists

                         Telecoms

                          Radio Spectrum
                          Competition Bulletin
                          Consumer Information
                           Media Literacy
                          Postal Services

By joining our email list you agree to the use of open tracking cookies by our third party provider. It stores data, including personal data, outside the EU/UK and uses cookies to monitor when you open emails. Knowing which updates you read and when you read them will help us improve our service.

No action is necessary unless you choose to unsubscribe from this mailing list. Please do not respond to this email.