[cma-l] Online streaming RADIO PLAYER

Alex Gray, Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 12:52:12 BST 2016

Do you mean one embedded in your web page, or are you happy to have it transfer to another app?

If the latter then a combination of UK Radioplayer and TuneIn pretty much provides all the options

Main downside to Radioplayer is that you have to pay to be on it, but it is very well designed and has excellent cross-platform support, incldin gupcoming work on things such as in-car integration. TuneIn is free and is more flexible if you want to offer multiple stream rates. TuneIn will also load up your schedule for free with no further work – with UK Radioplayer considerable additional work/back-end server is needed if you want it to know your schedule.

If it’s an embedded player you want, there are a number of good options around, but they tend to be more variable as to how well they work across different platforms (eg some need Flash or other plugins some need HTML5 etc).

Alex