[cma-l] FW: MiniDAB

Alex Gray, Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 18:31:43 GMT 2016

I fully agree with that Richard – I mentioned that in my first posting this morning. I guess it would be best as a properly member-controlled organization – (bearing in mind that PPL and PRS are also ‘non-profit membership bodies! Another option would be for such a multiplex to be permitted a certain level of letting services to commercial companies and using the income from that to subsidize the wider costs.

But we’re getting ahead of ourselves with such thoughts – the basic idea would need to be accepted in the first place, and would no doubt be subject to the same sort of heavy lobbying by the commercial stations to hobble it along similar lines as they did with the Community Radio legislation.

Alex