[cma-l] Ofcom: 10th March, DCMS: 11th March

Martyn Haynes martyn.haynes at wcrfm.com
Tue Mar 8 15:03:26 GMT 2016

James makes a good point, albeit in his "unique" way  ;-)  - this mailing
list has become an endless loop of negativity in recent months and I don't
think it a) it represents our sector as a whole in a good light and and b)
doesn't help us achieve our goals.

Sure, we're all facing an uphill battle with issues like funding, etc. and
many of us believe that we should get more help from those in charge, but
that's not going to happen to any great extent.  The benefit of being
members of this association is work together, I worry that an echo chamber
of whining isn't helping anyone.

Can I suggest one day a week, perhaps a Friday, we use this mailing list to
show off the good things we've achieved, be it news about
funding/volunteers/some great audio whatever in order to bring a bit of
positivity back, we're all here for the same reasons, aren't we?  Let's
promote and encourage that?

So, Feel Good Friday, who's in?

Martyn

--
Martyn Haynes
Director

101.8 WCR FM
www.wcrfm.com

Wolverhampton Community Radio Training (WCRT)
Newhampton Centre
Wolverhampton
WV1 4AP