[cma-l] Live Video streaming advice

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Wed Mar 9 12:17:42 GMT 2016

Good afternoon

You are covered for simulcast on all platforms with PRS as that is how
their licence has been constructed. PRS did not waive any fees for
small-scale DAB - their radio licence does not permit them to charge on a
per platform basis.

It is likely that PPL would require a fee to be charged as their licence is
for each broadcast platform - hence the reason why their licence terms
meant that they were required to levy a charge for small-scale DAB
broadcasting. However I have asked them for specific clarification on this.

Canstream has developed a reliable and low-cost video streaming platform -
talk to us for further details!

Best regards

Bill
--
Operations Manager
Community Media Association

Canstream Internet Radio
http://www.canstream.co.uk
https://twitter.com/canstream

On 9 March 2016 at 11:52, Martyn Haynes <martyn.haynes at wcrfm.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We're just in the planning process of a live event that we'd also like to
> stream live over video. with our output as the audio.   I know we live
> stream via youtube now and I'm playing around with that, but I had this
> nagging feeling about youtubes famously terrible copyright claims system
> and their hands off approach  - meaning it's going to be almost impossible
> to find someone at youtube to ask.
>
> I'm guessing we're covered under our PRS/PPL licences to stream, although
> maybe I need to check with them but does anyone have any experience advice
> in this?   Is there another platform I should look into perhaps?
>
> Thanks
> Matrtyn
>
> --
> Martyn Haynes
> Director
>
> 101.8 WCR FM
> www.wcrfm.com
>
> Wolverhampton Community Radio Training (WCRT)
> Newhampton Centre
> Wolverhampton
> WV1 4AP

ᐧ