[cma-l] MiniDAB

Tony Bailey ravensound at pilgrimsound.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 09:46:34 GMT 2016

The thread is really about small scale DAB so: MiniDAB - it's a
technically clever setup although as Phil points out will in some ways
be less effective in metropolitan areas.  London now has a total of six
digital multiplexes using up the equivalent of nearly half the FM band
in Band 3 without a single community station slot.  There are probably
30 odd prospective CR licensees in the city and the sensible solution
would be a city-wide single transmitter CR mux.  MiniDAB would need too
many channels to do the job, unless someone can come up with a narrow
band version.  Has there been a spectrum usage/ benefit analysis of
small scale?

Tony Bailey

--
Local Reports at http://www.ravensound.pilgrimsound.co.uk