[cma-l] dab trial propsed extention

Mark Davis MarkD at in2beats.com
Tue Mar 1 12:29:12 GMT 2016

Hello
I've just received an email saying that Ofcom propose to extend the trial for another 2 years
I did apply to run this trail and never got it ,I think the reason was because I never put enough stations on my proposed multiplex thinking that it was a technical trial and not about  filling up the multiplex if I had have known this I would of filled it
Im still in the situation where we have the infrastructure and would love to move our station forward to the modern day and get it on dab
Now this trail is proposed to be extended does this mean that its going to be another 2 years before the results are published and  any chance of becoming a local dab community station are a long way off ,or has the previous 9 months proved that there are no major issues and that they are going to extend the trial and incorporate more stations on to it with the view to licence them in the future , ???? or has it not gone so well that more needs to be done ???

Many thanks

Mark Davis
www.in2beats.com<http://www.in2beats.com>
markd at in2beats.com<mailto:markd at in2beats.com>