[cma-l] Community Radio Awards

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Thu Jun 16 09:53:36 BST 2016

Martin and Fraternity

Can I please suggest that Mr Whittingdale and Mr Vaizey are invited to the
bash

 my opinion is that it’s not us who needs to necessarily shout about
what we do, it is the powers that be who need to understand what it is we
do, and how difficult it is to do it with a bowl of Peanuts and how
difficult it is to be expected to keep pulling Rabbits out of Hats on a
Daily basis.

>From what I have seen you couldn’t ask them to be judges as they wouldn’t
really know what they were judging on.

Seeing as there is no reply yet again to the most important part of my
thread, then could I suggest that at the bash, you put me on the same table
as them and then I could choose the correct moment to ask them the
multi-million dollar question ------- perhaps I could do it right in the
middle of the Rhubarb and Custard
..although on second thoughts we may get
a better and more positive response if I stall it for 15 minutes and go for
the Cheese and Biscuits and a glass of Port. The flaw in the plan of course
is that they may have moved tables at some time during the cream and
mushroom soup as I would have bored them to death     :-)      LOL

Once again, can I stress that I am not having a pop at anyone, certainly not
the team Lucinda / Martin / Bill / Dom / Phil     and all who work
tirelessly for little reward, I am merely trying to put things in the
correct order.

There could of course be some clever manoeuvres going on here as the awards
could be part of the Plan B ?   but only if the DCMS know what we are
winning awards for.

So, let’s tell them and let us ask the question
.. yes that question
‘’’the question’’’      the 8 Million quid question.

E-Mails are flying back and forth, and still no one has answered my simple
request. Are we going to ask the question ?   when ?   and when will the
answer be relayed back to us ?    if things run true to course as they have
over the past 14 years then what’s the Plan B so that each Station can start
off each year with a few grand in the Bank. Surely we are going to ask
before Conference ?

I don’t think I am being unreasonable am I ?    if I am, by all means
correct me.

I leave it there for now as (3) three of our 50 Plates have just dropped off
LOL

And    hand on heart
..good luck with all the awards

Nick