[cma-l] Radio Link Transmission systems

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:53:26 BST 2016

I don't think there's a need for a lot of discussion really.
It should be mandatory for every presenter to use headphones while speaking and cueing tracks.Control of levels again should be properly managed by correct training and supervision - no excuse there.
We've always advocated listening off air as the one way to ensure that what you're broadcasting is as it should be.
Any other format leave you unaware of a large number of potential problems.If you have a latency greater than say 30ms then it can be uncomfortable to listen to your own speech off air - so desk output is perfectly acceptable for that situation.
Ideally in that situation you should have a system that is activated by any open mic fader (as your studio monitor muting system is) and switches seamlessly.Anyone using it should be made aware of what happens.Not too hard?

Ian HicklingPartnerOffice: 016 3557 8435  (07h to 22h GTS)Car: 075 3098 0115 (only responds when driving)6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS