[cma-l] Joint PRS/PPL licences

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Jul 1 14:48:58 BST 2016

Alex / Ian and All

Looks to me like yet another classic example of the likes of our sector
being bullied around by the big whigs and the heavyweights hmm ? David and
Goliath indeed .. and we know what happened there.

I'm glad all of this has been brought up because the fact of the matter is
that we are nearly 250 strong and the correct and proper way of looking at
this is that by right if they kick one everyone should limp. The bully boys
are actually taking on the CMA plus another 250.

God forbid I hope it never comes to that as there is no need ... but sadly,
one word that has become apparent to me over the last fourteen years is
'''unreasonable''' and it has popped up again in these exchanges.

Somebody/Anybody please enlighten me on what is '''unreasonable''' for
charitable / not-for-profit Community Groups to have a '''reasonable/fair'''
FIXED FEE payable once a year with nothing to report, as by reporting it
doesn't make the slightest bit of a difference because it is exactly what it
says on the Can 'a fixed fee' and at the end of the year we get a big zero.

Just take an average, knock a bit off because it is a one stop shop so
include the internet within it and hey presto everyone is a happy Bunny. Of
course some might be a hundred quid adrift whereas some others might be a
hundred quid in pocket .. But that's life isn't it ??

For Petes sake, why do we have to make everything complicated ? I simply
don't get it ?

I repeat :-

One licence covering FM and Internet which included DAB if we get it (this
covers both PRS/PPL)

Hovering around the 2000 mark tops

Fixed

No reporting as the report is nothing to report and has no bearing because
the end result for all 250 Stations come the end of the Financial Year is
not a Pot to pittle in.

This isn't rocket science, it is easy peezy

Have a good weekend everyone, it's a busy one for us out and about in the
Community (and the rain) :-) LOL

Nick H Dumpty / Chairman of the UK Banging head against a wall society

  _____