[cma-l] Joint PRS/PPL licences

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Jul 1 11:36:16 BST 2016

Funny we're talking about this at the moment .it's a hundred and 4 years to
the Day that the copyright act was passed. Some guy woke up one morning and
thought ''eh up .. now here's a licence to print money'' and everyone since
has just gone along with it.

To be clear, I accept that the Law is Law and things have to be paid ...BUT
the mistake from the outset that we made (and I point it out at the time
with a big red 'beware' sign) is we should have negotiated and stuck by a
FIXED FEE and NOT a Minimum Fee .... If you run with a minimum fee you are
always in a position further down the line where you could get your Hat
nailed on .with a FIXED FEE everything else after the payment becomes
irrelevant and pointless.

We have always maintained the fixed fee (be it the minimum) and gone from
there. We set up a S/O and left it at that. From what I read and what I can
see, some haven't paid anything and are drifting up lumber creek.

I mention this because I always seem to be the one who people think is
sounding off ....not the case, I merely highlight the points whilst
remaining within the guidelines. I do feel however after 14 years it is time
we pushed the boundaries a bit as we are going around in constant circles.

As I say,   re my previous post, please do not sign on any dotted lines
until / unless we have a figure and a figure based on a FIXED FEE not a
minimum fee. If it is fixed, there no need for any bureaucracy or pointless
reporting.

This one stop shop malarkey ???    a one stop shop for whom ?    us ?   or
the PPL/PRS

Put ALL the licences together is another suggestion including t'internet
feed

Onwards and Upwards

Regards

Nick Dumpty