[cma-l] The Radio Hub - Press Release

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jan 4 13:27:22 GMT 2016

A new networking group is to launch early in 2016 covering the south east
and London. The Radio Hub will provide opportunities for networking and
sharing best practice as well as representing the interests of community
radio with key organisations.

The idea is the brainchild of Danny Lawrence BEM who has been working in
radio for many years and a Director of Basildon based Gateway 97.8. He was
inspired to set up The Radio Hub after attending a tenth anniversary of
Community licences networking event at 103 The Eye in February 2015.

Danny says, “With the rise of interest in community radio and new stations
launching in the southern region I feel it is important to make sure we
have good lines of communication between us all. That way we can make sure
we are all learning from each other for the collective good. I am deeply
passionate about what community radio achieves and very much looking
forward to working with the other stations.”

The Hub will work with other sector organisations such as the Community
Media Association and the Community Radio Foundation which is being
developed to offer funding solutions to community radio. Membership is free
and open to all community broadcasters, whether licensed, applying for a
licence or Internet broadcasters, and other sector supporters across the
region. Around 20 organisations have signed up already. For individuals and
organisations wanting to join please contact Danny Lawrence on 01277 424
011 or email: enquiries at theradiohub.co.uk

The Community Media Association (CMA) is delighted to support the Community
Radio Networking Hub that has been set up to share best practice in
community radio amongst practitioners in the South-East.

Bill Best, Operations Manager at the Community Media Association, says "The
CMA welcomes this new regional initiative from the sector. With fewer
resources available in community broadcasting, initiatives such as this
networking hub is one way that our members and other sector players can
pull together, pool resources, and share skills and expertise. This
networking hub is the first regional event of 2016 that the CMA will be
supporting and we look forward to future opportunities to collaborate with
the sector in this way".

The Hub launches on Saturday 20th February at Gateway 97.8. Funding will be
a theme with a presentation from Radio Response’s David Harber. Also
speaking is Dom Chambers who says “ As community radio becomes an ever
stronger force in UK broadcasting so we must build our networks and
representation. With around one third of community licenses covered by the
area of the new hub I welcome this initiative and really look forward to
working with it.”

David Harber and Matthew Layton from Radio Response (www.radioresponse.co.uk)
are dedicated to identifying and developing income streams for community
radio licensees. They will talk about creating and harnessing existing
opportunities to help ensure stations’ financial success. Radio Response
Managing Director, David Harber says, "There is nothing in any legislation
that says community radio stations can't acquire a majority audience or
procure a healthy income.  We hand-pick stations that understand that the
future of 'broadcast-radio' is in the hands of licensees that treat their
radio station as a business. We look forward to making certain 'third-tier'
radio stations not only survive, but also a viable marketplace success".
Radio Response is a sales, marketing and programming consultancy which
holistically develops a brand for community radio stations, enabling them
to generate income.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:

   - http://www.facebook.com/Radiohubgroup
   - https://twitter.com/RadiohubThe

For more information and to join our network please contact Danny Lawrence
email: enquiries at theradiohub.co.uk

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video