[cma-l] Press Release: PENISTONE FM 95.7 up for The Peoples Projects LOTTERY TV VOTE

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Mon Feb 29 12:54:51 GMT 2016

Dear All

I know I have pointed this out before, but ought the Big Lottery  (be it a
TV malarkey) (or not)  be running a ‘public vote system’ when deciding on
grants ?    personally, I think not.

Complete waste of time, space and energy but by all means prove me wrong and
good luck on proving me wrong.

The moment we see a grant application that mentions the word ‘’’vote’’’
that’s bon voyage for us. How can a Radio Station in out in the sticks
Bollington compete with an inner City project ???   not a Cat in hells
chance owing to sheer numbers.

One time we were up against a Brass Band         AND LOST          LOL   :-)
say no more ---------- I wouldn’t mind, but we play some of there music
 so
here we are promoting something that gives us a beating (the mind boggles??)

As much as I don’t particularly like the grant system per-say, this one is a
complete no/no. At least having ‘experts’ making the decision you have an
army of people who know what they are doing in making that decision.

My view has always been that if the Projects are ‘eligible’ and there is
£10,000 pounds in the Pot and 10 become eligible, they each receive £1000
pounds.

I see no better and fairer system than this, and a system that ought to be
applied to our Community Radio Fund a.s.a.p.     we’re all bidding against
each other whilst trying to achieve the same goals.

We’d be happy with £3000 pounds guaranteed every year without the hassle and
mither filling in YET another grant form.

Looking at the facts which I think is the best thing to do for all of us
because none of us can argue with the facts   (we   ie:- Canalside)  have
received 2 x community fund lolly £££          we have been running since
2007/08 and it is now 2016 – we have applied 6 times and received a £6000 +
£14,000      (dare I ask   is this the average ?  is it above average ?
below average ?          but if you do the Maths     it’s twenty grand
£20,000 over 8 years which works out at just short of the £3000 grand
anyway. The difference is, we wouldn’t have been saddled with yet another
great wad of pointless bureaucracy.

I know I sound as if I am whinging again
. I don’t believe I am. I believe
I am highlighting valid points.

Just a thought, that’s all, even though it does fall on deaf ears.

Nick

  _____