[cma-l] PPL / PRS for Music mini consultation

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Wed Feb 10 18:51:12 GMT 2016

Simple answer              because they are parasites and leeches.

The extra charges for the Internet has always been a corker for me. I am unaware of anyone who listens to the Radio via FM and the Internet at the same time      (unless of course I have missed something?)       basically it is the same person getting charged twice at the same time.

I have asked for the two to be put together on numerous occasions to which the answer is similar to the ones we get from DCMS, Ofcom, Ministers       ‘’we can’t do that because’’           sadly, the because bit never makes any sense.

It should be one licence, if you run a DAB / FM and Internet it’s one licence, if you run FM and Internet it’s one licence if you just run Internet it’s one licence …. The licence bears in mind that we are not for profit, so it is a sensible fee based on the figure zero ……. A % percentage of not a Pot to Pee in = zero

Read my lips     it’s a money making racket and a licence to print money providing everyone just pussy foots along with it.

Go in guns blazing with all 245 Stations standing on the same side of the fence singing the same hymn …………………..onward Christian soldiers, fight the good fight or in this case how great thou art  NOT

Wrighty

  _____