[cma-l] Sterling Service

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 7 16:04:28 GMT 2016

Three weeks ago one of our CR broadcasters reported a lack of signal to his link which turned out to be a defective processor.We lent him a replacement and when next in the area I took the faulty unit in to BW at Croydon by prior arrangement.
I was treated to a mug of proper coffee, coconut macaroons, a sneaky look at some new developments and a chat with several of their very talented engineers.
Although the processor was a very early one - over 11 years old - it got a new power supply, several new components and an upgrade to current software and was handed back to me looking like new.OK - there'll be a cost because of its age, but in use for 11 years without a hiccup says something for its design and manufacture standards.
It's so refreshing to find another Company that provides good equipment and a first-rate back-up - in the same way that we try to do.
Add that to what we find with P-Squared, Sonifex and Amphenol, our Industry has some really good front-runners there to be proud of.No commercial connection other than being a very satisfied customer as I know many other CMA Members are.

Ian Hickling
Partner

Office: 01635 578435  (7am-11pm UK time)Carphone: 07530 980115 (only responds when driving)6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS