[cma-l] It's your CMA! Talk to us.

Lucinda Guy chair at commedia.org.uk
Thu Dec 15 19:54:13 GMT 2016

Dear All,
Like many of us, I was saddened to hear the announcement that two community
radio stations switch off their transmitters this week. This is a tragedy
for the residents of both Spalding and Cheddar, who have lost vital
opportunities to have their voices heard, and experience the joy of
community radio as both participants and listeners.

The CMA very much wants to help in these situations - but we can't unless
we know what is going on. As someone put it to me today, we don't have an
alarm in the CMA batcave every time a station is in trouble.

It may sound obvious, but please let us know how things are for you. For
example, if someone has made a formal complaint to Ofcom and you may be in
breach of your licence, how you handle the next steps can make a huge
difference. If you find yourself in this situation, phone the CMA office
straight away, or email Bill and ask his advice. He has helped many
licensed stations through these kind of problems..

If your issue is volunteers then please contact me directly, using the
chair at commedia.org.uk email and I will find time to have a chat. Whether
you have too many volunteers, not enough, or just the wrong kind, there
will be a way through the situation.

While I'm here I'd like to congratulate both Tulip Radio and Pulse on their
achievements over the years. I'm sure that their impact on their local
communities will have lasting effects, even if they are not still around to
broadcast about it. I wish all their staff, directors and volunteers well
with whatever they do next.

Lucinda

--

*Lucinda GuyChair,** Community Media Association*

ᐧ
ᐧ