[cma-l] News from Castledown FM

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Aug 3 11:19:29 BST 2016

*Press release:*

Leading local community radio station Castledown FM has announced the
success of its most ambitious outside broadcast coverage to date. Appointed
as the official media partner for Tidworth Town Festival 2016, the
volunteers at Castledown FM took it one step further and covered the entire
13 hour event live on FM and the internet.

Working alongside Core4Events, who organised many aspects of the day and
worked with the radio station on event promotion, the volunteer members
built a temporary studio to cover the event live, and gave air time to
multiple guests including stallholders and members of Tidworth Town
Council. During the afternoon and evening they transmitted the live artists
and bands, bringing the atmosphere and excitement of the event into the
homes of those that could not attend this free event.

Organised by Tidworth Town Council volunteers and Core4Events, this year’s
festival featured a large number of stalls from all around the community,
including Tesco and the 1st Tidworth Scouts, and arena displays including a
return of the ever popular ShowOff Dance and the local Tae Kwan Do group.

Core4Events provided a full music stage which hosted artists including last
year’s Festival Factor talent competition Tamzin Stead along with this
year’s winner Paige Dobson. Live bands took over the stage in the evening
with local group 80 Proof Mojo warming up the audience for the headline
act, Not the Rolling Stones.

John Sparrow, Events Manager, Castledown FM, said: "We were delighted to be
appointed as media partner for such an important local event. We had
several planning meetings with Core4Events and our own teams and it was
during one of those meetings that we decided to attempt the entire day live
on radio from the venue. It's on the outer edge of what is feasible in
terms of our technology, but we were able to use both an IP link via the
Tidworth Town Councils community hall and a backup FM link to broadcast the
event to the local community. It's been a fantastic project to work on and
I am looking forward to working with Core4Events in the future."

Rick Young, owner and Managing Director, Core4Events added: "John and his
team from Castledown FM provided coverage of the event from 9am until the
end of the headline band Not the Rolling Stones at 10pm, as well as
providing the arena public event system and managing the arena events.
Their dedication, positive attitude and patience, combined with their
technical expertise, were imperative to the success of the event.”

Castledown FM is your local community radio station and can be heard on
104.7FM in the Tidworth Community area, and world-wide via Listen Live on
www.castledownfm.com

Core4Events is a local company set up by Rick Young to run events such as
music festivals, providing management services and consultancy on event
security, music, stage, PA and lighting packages, green room management,
arena management, stage management, pre-event promotion and signage, bar
services, artist and radio liaison and many other services critical to an
event. You can contact Core4Events by email: core4eventsinfo at gmail.com.

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video
http://www.canstream.co.uk/
https://twitter.com/canstream

*Book your tickets now for the Community Media Conference
2016: http://bit.ly/2016CMAConf <http://bit.ly/2016CMAConf>*