[cma-l] Re - Pensions advice

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Sep 4 08:34:24 BST 2015

Alan

We’re always interested in any Programmes that are informative. I have
always believed that Community Radio as well as LOCALNESS has Information
stamped on the pecking order at number 2.

If this however is in response to my original e-mail (or was that rant ?)
this wasn’t actually the question.

What I was asking was this  --  I heard a Radio Station playing out what
sounded to me a Government type Pensions Advice advert
 the Station was
clearly a Station aiming at 18 – 40 year olds and the advice was very very
focused on those coming up to Pension age say my age group 55 – 65 ??
Community Radio has pointed out over the years that we struggle to get near
these type of SLA’s etc etc as we are basically just deemed as small fry or
not important
. The point I make is that this Station of ours    ie:-
Canalside I reckon hits far more of a target audience on this matter than
‘many’ of these Commercials Stations and yet the Commercial Stations get the
nod and the dough £££

So
. Who do we contact ?  how do we change the mindset ? how do we get the
gig ?  not instead of the commercial lads but as well as .. or in reality
are we actually a nonentity

I’m just thinking out loud and creating discussion, chucking an opinion or
two into the mix, I am not ranting, honest.

I shall now be very mindful about apparently ranting, the problem of course
is that I don’t think I am ranting which in itself causes an issue
 by all
means tell  me off if you think I am.

Nick

  _____