[cma-l] by the way

Eddie Stuart eddie at kcr.fm
Wed Sep 2 23:45:34 BST 2015

James, et al,

I know a good few people who now have DAB in their cars and say how much they love it (Nick - I know the comments on quality, but this is what *they* say!).

Far quicker than we thought just a few years ago, almost all new cars now have DAB & radios in High St shops are almost all DAB/FM - if you want AM, it can be a search to find one!

Is there not a danger that if the big stations get forced onto DAB and we stay on FM, that we lose most of our audience because they tune to R2/R4 etc on DAB and then just don't see us as we're not on DAB?

I'd guess that the average punter doesn't really understand the difference - (eg) the salesman shows them their shiny new car, blinds them with science about the DAB radio and that's that....

Unless Joe Public is a diehard CR listener, they're just going to search the DAB channels? We joke about Dad having to get the kids to programme the DVD/TV - will they manage / be bothered about flicking back & forth between DAB & FM on a regular basis?

That's my worry......

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Eddie

KCR broadcasts across Moray and beyond on 107.7FM
and to the world on the internet at http://kcr.fm

KCR is the operating name of Keith Community Radio Ltd.
Registered in Scotland: No SC 173805
Registered Office: 59a Land Street, Keith, Banffshire, AB55 5AN