[cma-l] Review of the approach to community radio Key Commitments

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Oct 16 14:30:57 BST 2015

Chaps

Depends what type of apathy you mean. It comes outside to within, or from
within to the outside. I like the Leopards spots bit however this isn't
entirely true. The apathy comes about in the main because folk are fed up
with banging their head against a brick wall .... they maybe walk round with
the question on the tip of their tongue   ''what's the point ?''  ''nothing
gets done''

You are now telling us something that is quite intriguing ....??
Practical solutions in most cases at this end I do not see as a problem. We
have come forward with many. It seems to boil down to a number of things :-

Are there any grey areas to manoeuvre in ?

Will it upset Commercial Radio ?

Does legislation allow for it ?

A lack of reason and common sense ?

These seem to be the hurdles. I like to believe we have been talking to the
right people at both Ofcom and the DCMS ....it doesn't look good on them if
there is another Avenue to get the result you'd like. We're back on the
topic of rules or guidelines again. Is 'IT' a rule or a guideline ?     if
it is a guideline then there is room for discussion, if it is a rule and it
is complete contrary to what you are trying to achieve, then that's why we
are all on the receiving end of the words ''no / because''

My biggest worry and frustration over the years has been the fact that there
sadly just doesn't seem to be any reasoning whatsoever    hence  =  apathy.

I don't personally have apathy as I like a challenge, I like the
discussions, the debates, the arguments, the ding dongs, the banter, the get
togethers . it's a learning curve and we're better people and more
knowledgeable for it.

I think Glynn wrote something to do with lack of energy ?   plenty of energy
here chaps ... we drink 10 pints of Red Bull everyday   :-)

Now then .....who have you been speaking to ?    any names ?     :-)
LOL                surely it's not that simple ?  you're winding us up Ian

Finally, do you not think something odd could be going on here ?  in
otherwords, we have gone round in circles for so long on many of these
matters that those in authority have to keep saying no to save face. If they
applied what we have suggested and it all worked like clockwork without
problems, they'd look silly. Surely we're all grown up enough to distant
ourselves from the 'pride before a fall' rhetoric.

No one cares anymore, we just want the relaxing of the gobbledy gook

Nick

  _____