[cma-l] Major Incident Planning

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Thu Nov 26 11:51:08 GMT 2015

My suggestion would be to rely on what IRN or your News service are doing
and keep opting in and out on a regular basis throughout the Day.

I would also be tempted to go to auto (or the Presenter dipping in and out
with quick updates and re-caps)(normal programming on hold) with ALL the
music of a slower pace and Ballad format.

The thing I think we all forget (whether we like it or not)  we might on an
occasion like this LOSE at least 50% of our listenership to the BBC Stations
(5 Live' etc) and TV ... anyway, so the name of the game could be ''youd be
flogging a dead Horse''

It's a tricky one indeed ..... chuck a few ideas around by all means.

With reference to Phils mention on Lottery Funding the other Day .. whether
the Government raid it or not it would make a blind bit of difference to us
as we haven't even had a sausage from it.

The reaching Communities one is a classic --- I thought that is exactly what
it says on OUR CANS  'reaching communities'    according to them we don't
qualify ..... !        the mind boggles ???    it's nearly as barmy as the
restrictions.
Something needs to be done though, and done on all fronts AND QUICKLY !
Grants are drying up, the second 50% is getting rather light, threatening
the sponsorship 50% which in turn threatens the actual Project itself .. and
guess what ?   none of us have done anything wrong ?

It's pathetic !

Anyway .. we soldier on [  here's my head ... now where's that Brick Wall
gone !? ]

Nick