[cma-l] Major Incident Planning

Darren Holmes - Penistone FM darren.holmes at penistonefm.co.uk
Thu Nov 26 11:20:59 GMT 2015

Eddie,

Our plan would be to opt straight in to IRN, who would be doing an additional bulletin on the half hour and feeding Sky News Tv audio in between the bulletins, at an appropriate time we would resume with melodic music but no sweepers/adverts/features etc working back up to normal programming.

We have a Regional, ILR and Small Commercial station in our patch, so we would carefully monitor how quickly they return to normal programming so as not to be out of step and disrespectful to the situation.

That said there is an argument that we should do some different, the death of HRH wouldn't effect me personally for example and I would want radio to continue as normal I between bulletins, but it's a sensitive subject and you have to be mindful of your listeners who will have a range of reactions to what you do.

Thanks
Darren

Darren Holmes
Programme Director