[cma-l] 4ZZZ accounts

Associated Broadcast Consultants info at a-bc.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 12:34:39 GMT 2015

Interesting James (your insights - not the document that is a boring
financial statement).

I recall seeing somewhere that all the community stations in Paris are on
6kW from very high tower blocks.  Alternative models for community radio
can and do work, even in Europe.

Personally I'd like to see a more flexible approach at both ends - ie:
accommodate larger "community of interest" stations, maybe with stronger
rules if needed and at other end of the scale also some smaller
neighbourhood stations - say 1-5 watts with bare minimum light-touch
regulation that prevents interference concerns  Maybe allocate a single
channel to be used anywhere in the country, with no guarantees of coverage
quality similar to WiFi unlicensed approach.  Or something else that
embraces alternative approaches that others on this forum have alluded to
rather than the current rather quaint, paternalistic approach.

IMHO

Glyn

--
Glyn Roylance - Principal Consultant