[cma-l] S-RSL applications for radio

Tony Bailey ravensound at pilgrimsound.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 08:23:29 GMT 2015

Not having been involved in RSLs (short) for some time I note from other
comments that there still seem to be problems (such frequencies and
early cut off dates) which have been around since the Home Office ran
the scheme.  The history of radio links provision has had similar issues
which were mainly dealt with by providing more spectrum, in common with
mobiles, etc., primarily in city areas.  This pro-active approach has
been sadly lacking in the broadcast bands, possibly because of the need
to pretend that there is a spectrum shortage.  Out sourcing has usually
been on the basis of fixed cleared frequencies in licensed bands so
presumably this would need to be around 87-88 megs.  Standard issue kit
in this sub band has already been implemented (radio cracker) so it
would be feasible. A further point - has anyone been consulted about
these changes to licence conditions?

Tony Bailey

Local Reports at http://www.ravensound.pilgrimsound.co.uk