[cma-l] The Cost Of The DAB Trials

Alan Coote alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk
Fri Mar 13 19:02:21 GMT 2015

Alex, I guess they¹ve done it on streaming capacity rather than per stream
to make it easier to verify. Although I bet they would have to seriously
consider the value of pursuing a station for the money given the small
difference to them.

It seems to me that PRS/PPL/MCPS are all stuck between a rock and a hard
place. On the one hand they are obliged to seek fees for use of member¹s
material, but on the other they often appear petty and money grabbing.

As content producers, I have a slightly different view than I did when
running a station. It¹s extremely annoying knowing that some nefarious
characters would rather rip and editing our programmes than register for a
pucker copy.

If only independent producers had an equally aggressive agency.

Alan