[cma-l] FW: The Cost Of The DAB Trials

James Cridland james at cridland.net
Thu Mar 12 23:06:09 GMT 2015

Alex, you said:

>I see no justification for any additional charge simply because you are
available on two different types of radio.

To play devil's advocate - if you paid the commercial radio rate, you don't
pay extra for internet streaming nor for DAB simulcast.

If you pay a lower amount for being a community station, you could argue
that it is understandable that you don't get the multiplatform thrown in.

I'd be interested to understand whether, if you are a community radio
station on FM and you also stream online and broadcast on DAB, do you end
up paying more than a commercial radio licence? I'm guessing not, but I
don't know.

(Lest you think I am backing PPL or PRS, a quick Google search will
dissuade you of that thought)

James