[cma-l] FW: The Cost Of The DAB Trials

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Thu Mar 12 16:38:57 GMT 2015

  _____

From: Canalside's The Thread [mailto:office at thethread.org.uk]
Sent: 12 March 2015 14:02
To: 'Geoff Rogers'
Subject: RE: [cma-l] The Cost Of The DAB Trials

What I don’t understand and can’t get my head around with all this PPL
malarkey is whether someone is listening via FM, Internet or DAB there is
still only one of them    ie:- one person. I have never ever listened at the
same time to a Radio Broadcast with all three in residence. In fact, there
would be a milli-second delay between DAB and FM   I think ??   and in our
case 30 seconds out of sync on the Internet stream

.so, unless someone
can tell me otherwise, the person listening is still one person listening to
one show via one mode. So why the extra charges anyway ????    sorry chaps,
I don’t get that one ?

I repeat again

it’s a half legalised money making racket

nothing more and nothing less

I still have an issue with them   re:- reporting (contra deals)       we
have a contra with the local Milkman, the local Newsagent and the local
Printer
 my job is very intense and I am extremely busy, I do not put
ticking off how many milk bottles we have a day as a priority so that we can
work out a contra cost. It’s a nonsense, as is all the reporting.

I have said this before and I will say it again, they do not understand what
NET means         I’m not interested in dividing the square roooooot of 24
by 85% and then taking away the number you first thought of because our end
result every year is ZERO      we are not for profit and all monies go back
in the project. Likewise, when we were £9000 in the red four years ago, I
don’t recall them offering a rebate.

I’m not interested in them at all and I believe if it did go to the top we
may have a good case if put together correctly.

To be honest I am so confused with our Internet and FM and then Phase One
another DAB = £500 on top plus reporting would possibly tip me over and I’d
go doolally

I have been trying to file our figures for the past two weeks

the first
quarter is on, but quarters 2,3 and 4 won’t let me as they keep saying
already reported, which I don’’t think they have
.it’s all a waste of time
and effort and just causes angst. I can only speak for myself of course
oh   and plenty of others who tell me so, but don’t make their feelings
known.

Nick

  _____