[cma-l] CamGlen Radio set to launch!

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Mar 6 13:56:53 GMT 2015

All the best Tam and the team. I look forward to another post from you in
three years time, hopefully as enthusiastic and full of beans like this one.
If what you have remains, then brilliant !  and fingers crossed for that.
You look to be off to a flyer so that is a good foundation.

Unfortunately, in reality, things can start going backwards and much of it
not your own making. A few years on the treadmill and a few years banging
your head against a brick wall and novelties wearing off normally makes you
wake up and smell the coffee. Live the dream anyway.

Debating with people who don’t listen, being told the obvious, filling forms
in, filling more forms in, filling even more forms in and then being told
‘no’
. Bureaucracy, pointless reporting and three years doing everything
that you are not meant to be doing which takes time away from the positive
stuff you could be doing are normally good wake up calls.

Remember though that the Glass half empty merchants (ie:- moi’) did used to
have full glasses and then glasses half full. You are fortunate in the fact
that a lot of the Politics have already been ground out by a number of
Community Radio stalwarts who unfortunately have almost lost the will to
live, so you are coming in at a better time. We’ve sadly been beaten to a
pulp so words of excitement are difficult to find  :-)    LOL

Anyway
 for now it’s onwards and upwards and here’s a toast to Cam Glen,
use the £15,000 grand buffer wisely and the volunteer time.

Well done and all the best

A quick tip

 don’t shout to loud, because if PPL and PRS here a squeak
they’ll charge you extra

Are you going on DAB ?

By the way
 all tongue in cheek of course