[cma-l] quiery ?

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Thu Jun 25 11:29:26 BST 2015

Great point Bruce, and well put. Of course this vision is correct, and
everything you say on here actually is correct    (not sure about us getting
to big for our boots, I reckon that's impossible - nature of the Beast and
all that Jazz)

The point I am trying to make is that the '''TOPICS''' chosen are
'''GENERIC''' as to wherever you are in the Country.

For example, if Fred or Edna Bloggs a Presenter/s on Trumpton Community
Radio / Camberwick Green 109.5 gets the gig to present the show for
Community Radio, they can not have any bias whatsoever .. They can't keep
mentioning their own Council or places within there remit . it must be
National. ... the topics are general National topics relevant whether you
are in Aberdeen, Cardiff, Portsmouth or a rural Community out in the sticks
...   I bet you that the Presenters on the Community Stations don't mention
LOCALNESS on every link !        I tend to have a 65/35 sway when I'm on-air
tilting towards the favour of 'local'

The idea is a means to an end just so we can nudge up a notch, grab more
listeners, more listeners allows you to showcase your sponsors to a bigger
audience which brings money in. The more money and funding you have the more
opportunities you can offer for your local people / local Presenters etc ...
we are only talking here 2 hours a day, maybe only one ?????      Monday to
Friday

I personally feel that so far as the '''localness''' discussion goes it
won't make one iota of a difference .....most of us take a few syndicated
programmes . perhaps you could 'replace' as opposed to 'add' the syndicated
programme ..end result = no change on your localness.

The main point I am making is there are hundreds of syndicated shows all
revolving around MUSIC / YEARS / CHART COUNTDOWNS / QUIZZES     they're
t.a.p.      this actually aligns me with Cat Lake in the fact that I am
trying to introduce more 'speech'    hence Cats question yesterday ''why do
we need music?''    think about it .. this is a half-way House and in my
opinion a good half-way House .....there would certainly be more speech
content than just having Arthur Smith doing a guess the year from 1963 ....
also remember there are two types of speech        there's the guy who talks
for ten minutes and by the end of it hasn't actually said anything, then the
lady who speaks for 5 minutes and has been a hive of information

It's a super discussion in the sense that we're all playing devils advocate
. that's good

I'm sticking to my suggestion .. I reckon it's a winner.

What a great opportunity as well for a Presenter from one of our Community
Radio Stations .. Perhaps we could run a competition on who Presents it ??
then vote ?

Just a thought

Nick

  _____