[cma-l] Funky SX and the Lille tranmitter

vwradio at aol.com vwradio at aol.com
Fri Jul 31 08:42:58 BST 2015

When we get stations coming in strongly from places like Spain - that's usually caused by sporadic-E. It's a phenomenon where signals bounce off ionized clouds and can last minutes or just seconds. Last month I heard a station from Morocco on FM stronger than our local Heart in Dorset sitting in my car. This is different from the tropospheric effect where French stations start coming in loud and clear. Works both ways though - we got a report of being heard in Sweden on 92.3 via sporadic E.

The wonders of radio propogation. Nothing you can do about it.

Steve

 Company registration: 04937308
Telephone: Office 01202 820003  Studio 01202 820006
Website: www.forestfm.co.uk
Facebook: ForestFM Verwood
Twitter: @ForestFM

Listen to us online 24 hours a day via the Tunein app or via http://www.forestfm.co.uk/radioplayer/console/