[cma-l] DAB / copyright

tlr at gairloch.co.uk tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Wed Jul 22 19:55:31 BST 2015

Alan

As per my posting of 15:49, it isn't hard to understand.

Messrs Starkey and Martin are entitled to any payments they might have been due
as composers/performers/arranger, through PRS, but EMI is not due any royalties
through PPL for the use of the recording of their work.  The recording is out of
copyright, the original compositions/performances are not.

Alex