[cma-l] FW: ABSOLUTE FINAL ONE

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Jan 23 13:45:11 GMT 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: Canalside's The Thread [mailto:office at thethread.org.uk]
Sent: 23 January 2015 12:11
To: 'Canalside's The Thread'
Subject: ABSOLUTE FINAL ONE

Dear All

A sigh of relief for everyone, this defo is my last one   LOL

I made more representations to our MP David Rutley (Conservative) about 3
months ago .... he has put these representations to Ed Vaizey. I did this
way before the announcement '''yesterday'''  (November)

Because the system and process runs about 3 months behind (MP's are busy and
deal with lots of other matters) I got the reply literally ten minutes ago.
(dated 19th January)

Now bear-in-mind that this has nothing to do with yesterdays decision as
such (well not directly)

Firstly, I am very grateful and respectful of both Mr Rutley and Mr Vaizey
for a reply. That is very decent of them and I applaud that. Obviously David
is then out of the equation the moment it reaches the DCMS.

I'm afraid to say that once again, there are no whys ?  why nots ?
(explanations) to my questions and observations and therefore it basically
draws a blank.

What I do have is a full page of statements telling me everything WE/I
ALREADY KNOW  ...  in fact, I know the rules now better than the DCMS and
Ofcom put together

Such is life.

I suggest now we all do whatever we have to do to provide the service, stay
a float and remain sane. If any of this oversteps the mark, then we face the
music somewhere down the line .... nice if we faced it as a team though and
didn't leave individual Stations hung out to dry.

Is the word I am looking for (public disobedience ???) not that I am
encouraging this route     nudge nudge wink wink

I'll nail our colours to the mast because what we have got is what we have
got, and we either like it, lump it, or do something about it. WE will do
whatever is needed to keep plodding and swimming against the tide and if
that means the £15,000 is actually £21,000 then I will have to get drawn
over the coals .... all I will say is, beware because I have a very very
good legal case or two up my sleeve.
I was DESPERATELY hoping that it wouldn't come to this.

Community Stations 'may' continue to fall over ... if they don't they may be
shut down anyway as Ofcom say (you broke the rules)   END RESULT = The
Government have fallen short, bottled out, copped out, gone chicken,
pandered to the wrong ones and innocent Radio enthusiasts will have nowhere
to go after it has gone belly-up

Anyway - Now back to the wheel as the Station Hamster needs a break. Hamster
FM ... running fast and hard to get nowhere

All the best everyone keep smilin' ...

Regards

Nick

---