[cma-l] Cat Among The Pigeons...!

CMA Forum cma at nnbc.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 11:32:21 GMT 2015

Hi Richard,

I think you miss the point…if I have 100 presenters doing their own thing I have a station not worth listening to. In this scenario ‘the lunatics have taken over the asylum’ and unfortunately that is what some stations sound like… listeners are not stupid and will go elsewhere!

If I have 100 presenters who present programmes of any kind that have been subject to documented discussion and agreement in advance by the person who holds overall editorial control (setting a standard) you have a managed station output monitored and focussed.

Community station managers forget that YOU HAVE TO MANAGE YOUR OUTPUT. Regardless of the fact that you are a community station, your output is your product.  If you don’t… Take next turn left down the road to Ruin.

Presenters are expendable… However, lose a sales person and you lose six months revenue and that’s another story.

Rgds

Terry Doyle