[cma-l] Community Radio Order

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Tue Jan 20 20:28:43 GMT 2015

Here's a few Dom :- from Mr Wright in Bangingheadagainstwallshire

1)       Why have successive Governments and Ministers pandered to
commercial radio whilst neglecting community radio ?

2)       Why have we still got restrictions after 12 years ?

3)       Have the requests that we have been asking for the last 6 years
been implemented ?

4)       On Thursday will you be making a speech telling us everything we
already know ? or are there serious beneficial changes for us      will
bureaucracy and reporting be reduced ?

5)       Do you think that some Community Radio Stations deserve a gold
clock for managing to stay afloat whilst still achieving their key
commitments ?  under the clouds of restrictions

6)       Will there be a little more money going in the Community Radio Pot
? as we have gotten the same amount that was in 10 years ago with more
Stations on-air

7)       Re:- restrictions ... if they do stay in some way shape or form how
come 4 major on-air Stations have had to operate with NO ON-AIR Advertising
at all and by the way you are not allowed to use the small ILR argument or
the less than 150,000 argument as neither are relevant and neither are true.
The Stations are mainly part of bigger groups which lifts them above the
150,000 anyway

8)       Are we to start limbering up ready for the announcement (ie:-
putting our deep heat on) as in are we going to have nice little smiles on
our faces afterwards or is it going to be a damp squib ?

9)       Do you seriously think there will be a falling over of commercial
Stations if restrictions are lifted ?        because I don't.

10)   How are things in the DCMS ?

11)   Would you like a cup of tea and a Hob Knob ?

12)   And finally . all the Stations who have done a wonderful job will they
be given first bite of the cherry when / if extensions of licences are
offered      which by the way I also think should be the case .. If not,
could you tell us why we shouldn't then all pack up now and go home ?

It's a good job I'm not interviewing him, we'd get to about number 5 and
then he'd walk out after 10 minutes

I think it sums things up to be honest when a Bill that has now turned up 4
years after it should have is now having only 15 minutes laid aside for
discussion.

All tongue in cheek of course .. Ed's a decent man I know, and Dom will do a
good job

And well done to all the Community Radio fraternity
by the way Dom, do you know roughly what is in the Bill or not. The reason I
ask is because you will have to have some idea so that you know what you are
asking him ... if this is true, then my questions do not need to be asked as
you will be on a '''positive''' footing ... if you do not know what is in
the document, then sadly my questions are relevant and you good have an
argument / debate situation on your hands. I like to think we have gone past
that point now and that my questions are now consigned to the bin ... apart
from the Hon Knob   :-)

Nick

  _____