[cma-l] Celtic Music Radio at Celtic Connections - and a unique advertising plan!

Bruce Rodger bruce at celticmusicradio.net
Wed Jan 14 23:48:17 GMT 2015

It’s January, so it must be Celtic Connections… Glasgow’s winter music festival.

This will be the 10th year that Celtic Music Radio has been involved in the festival - initially as a RSL, then on 1530AM, and now on 95FM. On Friday, we set up studio in the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, and will be broadcasting live from 11am each day through until 2nd Feb, with festival news, chat and interviews with performers and visitors, and lots of good music.

During the day, we’ll be hosting “The Buchanan Sessions” from the concert hall’s Buchanan Suite. We are inviting musicians from all parts of our community - from main stage festival performers through to singers, songwriters and musicians taking their first steps on their musical journey - to come on-air for a chat and to make some music. We’ve working with the audio technology students at Glasgow Caledonian University to provide a real-life training exercise for the students, while giving a whole range of musicians the opportunity to broadcast live, with a professional sound team. We’re able to accommodate a different performer every half hour, for the two and a half weeks of the festival!

At 5pm, we are covering the Danny Kyle open stage - each night 6 different acts perform, competing for fame, fortune, and a main stage support gig next year!

If you are a “Real Ale” drinker, and are in the Glasgow area, check out our latest venture and look out for a pint of Celt95 !
One of our advertisers, Kilburn Brewery, has brewed up a special “guest ale”, and it’ll be on sale in a number of pubs around the city. With our name, logo and frequency on the beer pump on the bar, it gets our name known to a wide market.

As always, we’re happy to share any of this programming with other community broadcasters. And if you’re in Glasgow over the next fortnight, come and visit us!

Bruce
Celtic Music Radio