[cma-l] Letter from CMA Chair, Dom Chamber re BBC CMA Media Day

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Feb 23 14:36:33 GMT 2015

To CMA members

Today is the culmination of our first national project with the BBC that
launched last autumn. Throughout England there has been collaborative
broadcasting combining talents and skills from both the community and BBC
broadcast sectors. Positive feedback is coming through. Stan, a radio
listener in Lincolnshire, seems to typify audience reaction “Many many
thanks to the programmers involved with your broadcast this morning, and
well done to everyone involved. Uniting these 3 stations together sounds
brilliant.”

Leading this project for BBC English Regions is Maggie Curtis who writes to
me just now, “Across the country we’ve had a huge variety of content and
lots of positive comments. So much build on here I think and I’m personally
really proud of what we’ve been able to achieve together.” I agree with her
that this is a really good start to new a new cooperation between the BBC
and CMA.

Keep the stories coming in on how the BBC CMA Media Day is working in your
area if it is part of this pilot project. I’m always keen to here from our
members on how community media is being delivered.

Best to all,

[image: Dom 1]

*Dom Chambers*
*Chair*