[cma-l] Release Forms

Alan Coote alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk
Mon Dec 14 13:54:00 GMT 2015

There are two different issues I think; your presenters and guests.

The simplest solution is not to allow presenters to use content recorded at or for the stations for any other purpose unless written permission is given.

For studio and phone in guests, you have an implicit consent to use their contribution anyway.  We record a lot of content and find a simple approach is to save the preamble and post-amble; get the guest to tell you their name and given them information about where and how the content is going to be used. That only takes a few seconds.

We also have a release form, which happens mostly to be used in exceptional circumstances – the  text is below.

Hope this helps?

--

I confirm that the undersigned* gives consent to being photographed, interviewed and/or recorded in vision and/or sound by representatives of <Monogram Media Limited> for the purposes of broadcasting, advertising, publicity and educational activities. I hereby waive any claims to royalties, liability for loss and damages arising out of such activities.

Name ................................................ Signed .............................................. Date .................................................

*Must be signed by a parent or guardian if the named person is under 18 years old.

—

Kind Regards

Alan

Alan Coote

Hear Alan Every Week on Let’s Talk Business The UK’s Premier Radio Programme For Current and Future Entrepreneurs - Now Broadcast To Over 7 Million People

Email - alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk

Phone - 0800 949 6655

Mobile - 07801 518858

Twitter - @TheAlanCoote