[cma-l] Optimism

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 12 09:29:40 GMT 2015

If you're not an optimist there's not a lot of point in being in this area of the Industry.
I repeat the assertion that the 5km concept is a guide - not a limit.We all know you can't make EMR obey political rules - although I'm sure some people in of Ofcom will tell you it has to.
Ofcom now works on 54dBuV/m as the parameter, with 48 as a sensible lower limit for resolved mono.
I don't understand the reference to "local RF pollution".
Let's talk about illegal uses, poor receiver selectivity and adjacent channel relationships.
There is adequate scope for many more CR allocations across the whole of Band II.It just takes a little effort on everyone's part to make it happen.
We're working hard for our Clients - both with Ofcom and the DCMS.
I feel a few more should try doing the same.

Ian Hickling
Partner

Office: 01635 578435  (7am-11pm UK time)Carphone: 07530 980115 (only responds when driving)6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS