[cma-l] Licence renewal - 103 The Eye

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Wed Apr 29 13:10:53 BST 2015

Dear Friends & Supporters

The Community Media Association is pleased to be able to announce that
Ofcom has extended the community radio licence for 103 The Eye for a
further term of five years. The station is now licensed to 31st October
2020:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/radiolicensing/html/radio-stations/community/cr000012ba2theeye.htm

Station director Christine Slomkowska says:

"We are delighted to be able to continue broadcasting and providing a
community radio service to the Vale of Belvoir and Melton Mowbray until
2020. We look forward to developing our service and bringing in exciting
new developments over the next five years. We intend to host another
community radio networking and information day next year following the
success of our inaugural event in February.

We are thrilled to be the first station to renew our community radio
licence thus paving the way for other stations to do the same.

Thanks as always for all the support from the Community Media Association. We
are really looking forward to our next five years on air - 103 The Eye now
has 20-20 vision!"

Best regards

Bill Best
--