[cma-l] Norway to switch off FM in 2017

James Cridland james at cridland.net
Mon Apr 20 10:43:56 BST 2015

Worthwhile remembering that Christer Hederstrom is a noted anti-DAB
campaigner. We have our own here - Grant Goddard or Steve Green, now mostly
quiet after the evidence appears to be pointing away from their views. The
publisher of Radio Today is also anti-DAB, so you probably won't get much
balance there.

In my report here -
https://media.info/radio/news/norway-to-switch-off-fm-go-dab-only-in-2017 -
I compare the Norwegian criteria for switch off with the UK criteria. In
short, we're not quite there yet. I also give my views about switchover.

Noted: community radio will continue on FM in Norway, even post
FM-switchoff. These stations are less than 5% of total radio listening; but
still worthwhile knowing.

James