[cma-l] Ofcom publishes applications for small scale DAB trials

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:08:40 BST 2015

As the trial was originated to allow access to DAB for Community Radio Licensees, I for one will be highly disappointed and probably quite verbal if this is seen to be taken over by the commercial interests.
Having been directly involved with 14 of the applicants and provided the technical input to their submissions, I have seen in the ones we have supported alone enough variety to cover the 10 available trial formats.But unreserved compliments to Martin James and Rashid Mustapha and their colleagues at Ofcom both for persevering with the initiative - and clearly generating an excellent response.