[cma-l] Company Details

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 13 22:57:10 BST 2015

I noticed that.If a Director is also Company Secretary he will appear twice.Not too difficult to fathom out really - even for a lawyer.

Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 12:46:13 +0100
From: eddie at kcr.fm
To: cma-l at mailman.commedia.org.uk
Subject: Re: [cma-l] Company Details

    We used a similar service last year  www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/
      and found similar results to Roger - one of our own Directors who
    runs his own Company appeared as 2 separate entities....

    To be absolutely certain that we did have cast-iron information and
    the correct target, we ran through every company with a name that
    Companies House regarded as the same/similar as ......... Took a
    while but beats being sued. (eg:- to ensure that 'Acme Bolt Company'
    was our target and that we shouldn't have been investigating an
    outfit called the 'Acme Bolts Corporation')

    We did then pay the fiver or so for a few specific detailed reports.
    A fair amount of reading but less than £30 and we had all the
    necessary information - we didn't need to access full detailed
    financial information thankfully.

    These services are just front ends to the Companies House database -
    extremely useful as a small fee saves you needing a Company House
    Account. However, if it looked like all out battle in the courts,
    I'd probably pay the Companies House fees and go direct to be as
    certain as I could about the veracity of the information. One small
    gap like one of Roger's directorships could, in the hands of a
    skilled QC, sink an otherwise sound case......

    Company Reports and Directors Listings sound tediously dull, but
    they can paint very revealing pictures........

    Regards,

    Eddie Stuart

    KCR broadcasts across Moray and beyond on 107.7FM
and to the world on the internet at http://kcr.fm

KCR is the operating name of Keith Community Radio Ltd.
Registered in Scotland: No SC 173805
Registered Office: 59a Land Street, Keith, Banffshire, AB55 5AN

    On 13/04/15 09:06, Roger Thorne wrote:

        Interesting
            – but be careful, my details on it are incomplete in that
            they don’t list all my directorships when searching by name.
             Searching by Company appears correct though.