[cma-l] NVTV launches at 6pm, Monday September 29th

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Sep 29 11:19:03 BST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Feedback <feedback at nvtv.co.uk>

*Press Release*

*Belfast’s Local Television Channel, NVTV, launches.*

Belfast’s local television channel, NVTV, begins broadcasting today, Monday
September 29th, via Freeview channel 8 and Virgin Media Cable 159.

NVTV, which has a twelve-year licence, will broadcast local news, current
affairs, documentaries, arts and culture, music, local history, business
and sports.

*“We believe the channel can provide great opportunities for local people,
groups, business and civic organisations to engage with a local audience”,*
explained Simon Wood, Chairperson of Northern Visions, *“it is a broad
agenda covering local issues, debates, community activities, culture and
history. We will also be broadcasting relevant content from other Local TV
and community channels in the UK and Ireland”.*

NVTV is broadcasting to over 215,000 households in the Greater Belfast
area. It is a not-for-profit venture run for public and community benefit.

It will begin broadcasting from 6pm – 11pm seven days a week and plans to
go on earlier in the day as the station develops.

Further information is available at www.nvtv.co.uk