[cma-l] CRonAM

fantasy office office at fantasyradio.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 12:33:26 BST 2014

it's true to say AM is not considered very sexy these days, but there's
life in the old dog yet.

Our first RSL broadcasts were on AM back in 1995, using a transmitter of
my own design, and we had good daytime reception over a wide area, with
none of the black spots you often get on low power FM! The antenna
design is vital for AM, but we were on 1 watt EMRP and we had listeners
as far away as Sweden and Germany. It's worth remembering that there are
far fewer stations on AM these days, causing less interference, so for
community broadcasting, AM could be very worthwhile. especially when
backed up by a good quality stream.

If anyone would like more info on AM, feel free to get in touch.

Phil Dawson

   FANTASY RADIO 97FM
/DEVIZES AND MID WILTSHIRE/

office at fantasyradio.co.uk <mailto:office at fantasyradio.co.uk>