[cma-l] Community Radio on AM

Associated Broadcast Consultants info at a-bc.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 17:37:09 BST 2014

Absolutely right Alex - the frequency selective map would only be for
getting an "insight" or feel for the interference landscape - proper
computerised tools are needed to do it properly.

It's complex and scientific, but this post below gives a pictorial,
non-technical insight into the "Protection Ratios" that Ofcom use, and are
one of the reasons they often say there are no frequencies available:-

http://a-bc.co.uk/ofcom-fmvhf-protection-ratios-illustrated/

Glyn

--
Glyn Roylance - Principal Consultant