[cma-l] BBC Trust service review: Music Radio Consultation

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 11 18:54:04 BST 2014

The main point I made in my response is that the general impression gained out here is that the BBC is not interested in consumer feedback.Whenever a point is made there is quickly a strong defence of the status quo and very rarely a climb-down, change of approach or apology.The BBC needs to appreciate the intelligence of the decision-makers who comprise the most influential part of its audience.
It has a duty to educate - as well as inform and entertain.In some areas it appears to be promoting poor use of English in particular - instead of adhering to its traditional standards.